Oedipus

I really swear.

Your hurt my father.

He may be strong but he has a heart. Broken by the child that he deemed loved. Broken by the hopes of changing to a better one. Everything seems not into place.

I swear, if death is only fair, I would have done it. I don't want to do it but circumstances tells me so. The only man I have loved until today is hurt, but I can't do anything now. When I was sad, the world was against me, you were there. When everything was a daze, you were beside me, helping me to stand straight. Now, tonight you were hurt, broken by the person whom you also love, a child, but I can't even go near you. When I was kilometers away, locked myself from you and from other people , you traveled a long way to stop me from worrying. Now we are just in the same, "haven", but I can't even sit beside you, even if you are calling my name. I didn't call you to be there but you surprised me. You went at night just to visit me and comfort me that everything is fine and that you promised that you will be with me, now and forever.

I am hurt that you are alone right now. You may think that I also despise you but, the truth is, I don't want to face you, crying and telling you that I am really sorry that they are hurting you. I want to be strong when I face you. There is so much dramas going on in this place they call "haven". I don't want to add to those nonsense. I want to comfort you also, tell you that I am also here caring and praying for you.

I really swear that I will be successful in your name, I want to fulfill your promise of land.  I am really sorry I disappointed you. People are jealous of your fulfillment but I will continue them as your legacy.

It's funny that I am writing this with random songs on my playlist. Funnier is that the songs that have played are all related to everything I wrote up.

I promise that I won't be crying over a man, but I guess you are the only man that I will be crying over and over again.

I am really sorry.

I swear, everything will be alright in time. You said yourself, "kaapil mo ako".


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My mother doesn’t know how to be a mother

Let's have a cup of coffee and talk

LIÑON HILL ESCAPADE - A Utopian Style